The first snow came today. I'd felt the warning cold for a few days, and dreaded. But the first snow is deceiving. Each year, I forget my hatred of all that is winter for those few magical hours.
Woke up. Looked out. Big. Soft. Flakes. Falling. Gracefully, quietly, unthreateningly. And all of the everything all around got quiet under it. A sigh of snow. Safe. Cradled. Calm. Nestled.
I pull on my hat, drive slowly to the store in the hush of a muffled white cocoon. It's terribly beautiful and romantic for one afternoon. Then soon, the hatred.
M
Woke up. Looked out. Big. Soft. Flakes. Falling. Gracefully, quietly, unthreateningly. And all of the everything all around got quiet under it. A sigh of snow. Safe. Cradled. Calm. Nestled.
I pull on my hat, drive slowly to the store in the hush of a muffled white cocoon. It's terribly beautiful and romantic for one afternoon. Then soon, the hatred.
M
Comments