I've been busy doing lots of stuff lately, but unfortunately none of it is stuff I really, really, really need to be doing. I have seriously little time to get a lot of work done before a deadline, and for some reason I'm in denial about it. Utter denial.
I keep thinking something will just jolt me out of it somehow. But no, it doesn't happen. But it will. Right? Won't it?
Anyway ... I've been busy sending press releases and making flyers and having meetings about Bill of Rights stuff, so that's good. I mean, it's important work too. It's just ... not ... homework.
But won't I get extra credit if I save the world?
Oh well ... and I ran, and ran an ran an ran today. And that felt good. But I had to dodge lots of firecrackers and happy slurpy dumb puppies and together-y families and barbecue smoke and my own heavy sense of alone-ness.
Dammit. Stupid holidays anyway.
There's a 5K tomorrow ... and I was thinking of doing it ... but I don't think I'm ready yet. Plus it's at 7 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING! (Turns out that's when these crazy things often happen ... )
Well, I guess I'm gonna go shopping now. I need olive oil and vegetables and cantaloupe and tea and the like.
M
I keep thinking something will just jolt me out of it somehow. But no, it doesn't happen. But it will. Right? Won't it?
Anyway ... I've been busy sending press releases and making flyers and having meetings about Bill of Rights stuff, so that's good. I mean, it's important work too. It's just ... not ... homework.
But won't I get extra credit if I save the world?
Oh well ... and I ran, and ran an ran an ran today. And that felt good. But I had to dodge lots of firecrackers and happy slurpy dumb puppies and together-y families and barbecue smoke and my own heavy sense of alone-ness.
Dammit. Stupid holidays anyway.
There's a 5K tomorrow ... and I was thinking of doing it ... but I don't think I'm ready yet. Plus it's at 7 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING! (Turns out that's when these crazy things often happen ... )
Well, I guess I'm gonna go shopping now. I need olive oil and vegetables and cantaloupe and tea and the like.
M
Comments