I kick major ass. I just have to say.
I ran today. I ran a lot. And then something priceless and extraordinary happened.
It went like this:
I ran a lot, I ran my goal. I made my goal, and it was time to rest (and I could finally stop barking into my own inner ear, "You can rest when you're dead, soldier!") - and time to put hands on thighs and slow to a walk and pant and wipe the sweat from my brow, exhilirated and pumped and a little more proud than is humble at having reached my goal.
It was time for that, but I didn't stop and do all that. I just kept going. And going. And going. And all of the sudden I was just running because I love it. No more pushing myself. No more watch checking. No more second counting and convincing and enduring and triumphing.
Just running.
I found the fabled 'zone.' Hot damn!
M
I ran today. I ran a lot. And then something priceless and extraordinary happened.
It went like this:
I ran a lot, I ran my goal. I made my goal, and it was time to rest (and I could finally stop barking into my own inner ear, "You can rest when you're dead, soldier!") - and time to put hands on thighs and slow to a walk and pant and wipe the sweat from my brow, exhilirated and pumped and a little more proud than is humble at having reached my goal.
It was time for that, but I didn't stop and do all that. I just kept going. And going. And going. And all of the sudden I was just running because I love it. No more pushing myself. No more watch checking. No more second counting and convincing and enduring and triumphing.
Just running.
I found the fabled 'zone.' Hot damn!
M
Comments