Skip to main content

la caja del pasado

hay una caja. la caja vive la mayoria de su tiempo en el ático. adentro de esta caja hay otra caja. está en esa caja donde residen mis recuerdos. cosas pequeñitas que al verlas, no tendrías ni idea por qué alguien las tendría guardadas asi adentro de una caja ... la parte de un billete para una pelicula, un dulce, un marcador de libro, monedas de varios paises, un trozo de papel de envolver, fotos de ciertas personas, una redonda piedra blanca, una pulsera hecho por un niño ...

pero son cosas que han sido escojidas con mucha atención. cada uno de ellos me transporta instantáneamente, y fuertemente, con toda la emoción imaginable, a un momento importante de mi vida. la mayoria de ellos me recuerdan a momentos felices. todos me hacen sonreir. algunos me hacen llorar a la vez. me recuerdan a las personas y los eventos que han formado una parte integral de mi vida. que me cambiaron por completo. que impresionaron tanto a mi vida que después de haberlos experimentado, no era después yo la misma persona ya. y por alguna razon, en cada ejemplo, estaba conciente de este hecho, y guardé un recuerdo.

adentro de la caja, hay una otra cajita mas. adentro de ella, my al fondo (debajo de otras pequeñas cosas ... y unas pesetas chiquitas) hay una foto. esta es una foto en la cual estoy tan feliz ... más feliz que me aceuerdo haber sido en mi vida. fui a buscar esta foto hoy, y sabía exactamente donde se quedaba. es una foto de nosotros.

la saqué de la caja.

m

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May your children's children have painful bunions!

So I was sitting with my tired feet being gurgled in the bubbling jets of a cheap vietnamese manicure shop pedicure chair when I look over to see some preppie chick giving the pedicure girl a hard time. She was apparently unhappy with the level of exfoliation her stupid tootsies had recieved. Fine. Well, first of all, you are paying for what is the equivalent of a happy meal in the scheme of the grand pedicure menu, bitch, so what do you want? But beyond that ... Her tone was so disdainful and contemptuous, and the pedicure gal handled it so graciously ... Just looking at her sitting there at the feet of this ho-bag, massaging her callouses with the pumice stone one more time, trying to get it right, to make the girl happy, I was SHAKING in anger by the time the whole scene played out and the check was practically THROWN at the poor woman. SHAKING. I mean, okay - you're unhappy with the services you received. You complain. Acceptable. Fine. But for fuck's sake you can speak to ...

here i go again

it seems as though i tend to take up writing again, when i do, in spring.  i don't know that i have any particular reading of this observation, it's just something i noticed.  maybe something about renewal and starting fresh, starting over? i am sitting in my living room and the windows are open and it's a bit chilly but the fresh air feels good.  i have a blanket on my legs and i am sitting cross-legged on a chair.  it's funny to think about writing this blog from this place, this here-now, when i have written it in other places before.  when i think about this blog, it's as though i give it a particular time-space all its own, but i also associate it strongly with the apartment where i lived when it all began.  which feels (and i guess sort of is) a lifetime ago.  i feel like a completely different person, this almost-ten-years-in-the-future me.  back to that catch-up conundrum.  how to explain how different i am now, and all that's happe...

You Tremble at the Edge of Gone

The first time I saw D was my first day back at school the first semester of my sophomore year in college. When I opened the door (after my last two roommates, dreading who or what I might find when I entered), I saw her squinting at me from against the radiator at the far wall of the tiny rectangle that was our dorm room, smoking a Marlboro Light 100. I'll never forget the brand she smoked. They fit her. They were slender and inconspicuous, the box long and cream and white and somehow common but sophisticated. I don't know what it was, and I'm trying to remember it now - it frustrates me that I can't - that told me in an instant that we were kindred spirits. She was beautiful, slender, native american. She had almond eyes and high cheekbones and long brown hair ... we shared a sort of eclectically funky style. She was fond of loosely woven brown sweaters and a sort of rust colored lipstick that brought out her eyes, hair, skin ... she wore too much makeup to cover old ...